UPDATED DECEMBER 2022
We at Hassocks Eyecare are still wary of Covid due to the high prevalence in the area, so please be advised that your Optometrist will be wearing a mask when you are having your sight test, and may ask you to wear one. However on the shop floor we no longer require face mask use or social distancing, and the frames are no longer sanitised as often as they were in the height of the pandemic. We do have hand sanitising stations throughout the practice for patients to make use of.
UPDATED 14TH JULY 2021
Nothing changes for us after 19th July 2021 – all staff will be wearing masks and we ask that you do the same if not medically exempt.
- All our staff have been vaccinated and we test with lateral flow tests twice a week. When in close contact we will also wear aprons, face visors or eye protection and gloves if necessary.
- We ask you to continue to maintain social distancing and all frames tried on are sanitised before being put back out on display. There is a hand gel dispensing station as you enter the practice which we will ask you to use.
UPDATED JANUARY 2021
A third national lockdown for us all but once again the rules are slightly different and the future, whilst still uncertain, has a more hopeful outlook as people start to receive vaccinations.
We are open and here to help.
As before we remain open and are being supported with NHS funded PPE, we have made yet more changes for your safety and all our staff are to receive twice weekly Covid testing.
If you have an appointment already booked we are expecting to see you. We do understand more vulnerable patients may choose to cancel and rebook once the levels of infection have reduced or they have received their vaccination.
Our door is locked, opened remotely when you press the buzzer and speak into the intercom, but we cannot let in anyone who has not made an appointment.
If you need our help, please call us
We are here on the end of the telephone – 01273 843946.
- Call us if you feel you have any worries about your vision or your eyes.
- Call us if your glasses need fixing or adjusting.
- Call us if you need more contact lenses.
- Call us if you want to buy more eye drops (or buy online here).
- Call us and together we can decide if you need to visit.
Telephone advice from our optometrists and dispensing opticians is FREE during lockdown – 01273 843946.
Hoping 2021 will turn out in the end to be a better year for us all.
Paul, Vicki, William, Chris, Kelly, Rhiannon, Jo, Helen, Jessica, Rachel, Sally, Lara and Louise.